The Y Diabetes Prevention Program (YDPP) is a lifestyle change program for individuals at risk for Type II Diabetes.
This year-long program is delivered virtually with a trained Lifestyle coach over a total of 26 sessions. The program focuses on tracking calories and activity, while providing nutrition education for a winning combination.
An estimated 86 million Americans ages 20 years and older have prediabetes and 89% of those individuals have no idea that they are at risk.
National Institute of Health research has shown that programs like the YDPP reduce the number of new cases of type 2 diabetes by 58% overall and 71% in people over 60.
Benefits of the Y Diabetes Prevention program include:
- A safe space where you can feel comfortable sharing and learning in private.
- Making new friends. You will support each other as you all trade old habits for healthier new ones.
- Working as a group. You don’t have to figure this out alone.
- The new energy and confidence that comes with losing weight and reducing your risk for diabetes.
- Lose 5-7% body fat
- Increase physical activity to 150 min per week
Who Qualifies for YDPP?
- Participants must be 18 years old or older
- Must be prediabetic - not already have diabetes
- Must be overweight - with BMI greater than 25
- Must be diagnosed with prediabetes via one of the three blood tests or a previous diagnosis of gestational diabetes.